Imagine looking at the mouth of someone wearing traditional dental braces. You can see the wire and bracket braces when they talk, laugh, or eat. These metal braces can have retainers, rubber bands, wires, brackets, spacers and springs. For decades they have been relied upon to straighten crooked teeth, crowded teeth, an underbite or overbite, crossbite, gapped teeth, or overly crowded teeth. Now look at that same person wearing invisalign braces. Invisalign is cosmetic with transparent and clear aligners. Invisalign is ever so difficult to detect.
The following video explains more about the breakthrough and process of invisalign:
WHY CHOOSE INVISALIGN?
There are many reasons to choose invisalign, but some of the top reasons why it is so popular are listed below.
1. They are more comfortable than traditional braces.
2. They can be removed for eating, drinking, or brushing teeth.
3. The length of time that invisalign transparent braces are worn can sometimes be
significantly reduced compared to regular braces.
4. With invisalign accurate x-rays can be taken.
In the next video you can hear an orthodontist discuss more about the advantages of invisalign...
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR ORTHODONTIC BRACES...
1. With removing the aligners so often, both the aligners and your teeth should be cleaned every time.
2. Be extra careful with the aligners. Because they are invisible, they can easily be lost. A good tip is to always keep the aligners in the containers provided for them and in the same place.
3. Traditional braces can be more painful because they are adjusted every four to six or eight weeks in order to tighten the pressure to move or adjust the teeth.
4. Traditional orthodontic braces can sometimes have a painful effect even on the gums where invisalign is many times more gentle in a person's mouth.
5. Remember that you want to preserve your teeth for life, so cost can hardly be a factor.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO CONSIDER AND KNOW BEFORE I GO AHEAD WITH INVISALIGN?
1. Be sure the orthodontist you choose offers invisalign and will give you a free consultation.
2. Check on your orthodontist's hours. Depending on your circumstances or need, is the office open early in the morning and/or late in the afternoon to accommodate working people and children?
3. Will your orthodontist give you or offer no interest financing? Will a "pay as you go" plan be acceptable for services rendered?
4 Will your orthodontist accept a dental discount plan?
If invisalign costs too much for your family budget, consider using a dental discount plan like AmeriPlan®. It offers a discount that can save hundreds of dollars or even more than a thousand dollars on dental braces. Unlike orthodontic insurance, you will be able to use AmeriPlan® immediately and as often as you need it for all of your dental needs - except braces already in progress by another orthodontist.
Click the sign-up link below to see the AmeriPlan price, plan choices and all the benefits!