HOW OLD SHOULD A CHILD BE TO BEGIN WEARING DENTAL BRACES?
KNOW WHY YOUR CHILD MIGHT NEED BRACES EARLY
The video below explains each bite formation further with helpful visual aides.
DO YOU SEE SPACE OR A GAP IN YOUR CHILD'S TEETH?
HOW LONG SHOULD CHILDREN WEAR BRACES?
ARE BRACES UNCOMFORTABLE OR DO THEY HURT?
For a better understanding of the experience, view this video on braces where you will see several children and some adults who answer the concern kids have about pain.
Below are some of the things you should and should not do:
"Do's" While Wearing Braces
- Do brush and floss your teeth after ever meal.
- Do use a separate toothbrush to clean your braces.
- Do ask your orthodontist to recommend an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Do drink water and milk because they neutralize the acids caused from eating sweets. Sugarless gum stimulates saliva which can be benefitial to your teeth.
"Don'ts" While Wearing Braces
- Never remove the bands on your braces, even if they hurt. Report this to your orthodontist.
- Avoid chewing gum and do not eat candy, especially chewy and gummy candies because it can deposit sugars or acids on your teeth which can increase decay and cavities.
- Do not bite down on anything hard or frozen, like ice. It is wise, too, to avoid peanuts or nuts, popcorn, pretzels, and other hard snacks.
Above all, follow your orthodontist's instructions at all times and follow his recommendation on what type of braces will work best for your child.
If you're looking for financial assistance for your child's dental braces, consider using a dental discount plan like AmeriPlan®. It offers a discount that likely will save you several hundred dollars. Unlike orthodontic insurance, you will be able to use AmeriPlan Dental® immediately for all of your dental needs - except braces already in progress by another orthodontist.
Click the sign-up link below to see the AmeriPlan price, plan choices and all the benefits!