Periodontal Disease Treatment and Cost
A dentist or periodontist will be able to diagnose and prescribe the best treatment, which may include the following:
1. A deep cleaning that includes removing plaque and tartar that is beneath the gumline.
2. The tooth root may need to be smoothed so that the gum tissue can heal.
3. Sometimes antibiotics or mouth rinses may help to control bacteria that cause periodontitis. Helpful products that have been recommended by dentists and periodontists include Biotene Dry Mouth Mouthwash and Closys Complete Oral Health System (both are alcohol-free).
4. When the patient is unable to keep deep pockets clean between teeth and gums, the dentist may help to control infection with "antibiotic fibers."
5. In extreme cases, gum surgery may be required to clean the tooth root(s) and bone surgery to rebuild or reshape the bone.
As an alternative, you might also consider an innovative periodontal disease treatment known as Regerative Periodontal Endoscopy (RPE) that lowers the cost of treatment. Watch the video below to learn more about this breakthrough non-invasive procedure.
This RPE treatment may not yet be available in your area, but your periodontist should be able to give you more information on this new way to treat periodontal disease.
For more information on Periodontal Disease, its causes, risk factors, medications, etc., go to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research.
How do you pay for expensive periodontal treatment?
Dental insurance usually permits payment on surgical restoration procedures because that is medically necessary, but typically, no allowance is made for that which is considered cosmetic. Therefore, many people prefer using a discount dental plan like AmeriPlan® that will reduce the cost of cosmetic procedures.
People choose a dental discount service for several reasons, beyond what they save on periodontal disease treatment:
- Cosmetic dentistry such as bleaching, bonding and implants are included.
- Orthodontics (dental braces) included for both children and adults.
- All ongoing dental / medical problems are accepted (except orthodontic treatment already in progress)
- No waiting period. You can go to the dentist immediately.
- All Specialists included - Oral Surgeons, Orthodontists, Endodontists, Periodontists and Prosthodontists.
- Members may change dentists at any time without having to notify anyone.
- No annual limitations
- No paperwork
- Instant savings
Dental insurance usually only allows approximately $1,000 per year in coverage so any periodontal disease treatment will usually go way beyond this annual limit. Because of this reality, most people have come to realize that they don't have much protection from the high cost of dental care with dental insurance alone.
People all across America are convinced that AmeriPlan® is the best value dental service available and it only costs $24.95 a month for the whole household - everyone's included. Click the sign-up link below to see the plan choices and all the benefits!
Pay less for treating periodontal disease by following these steps...
Important: Once you become a member, If for any reason you decide that it's not for you, you can cancel at anytime. We want you to be pleased with your membership so you will refer more people to this site.