WHAT IS A TOOTH INFECTION?
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A TOOTH INFECTION?
2. With the swelling, there may be pus and bleeding.
3. Pain is felt when pressure is exerted on the tooth.
4. Gums around the tooth may be swollen.
5. A bad taste may be prominent in your mouth.
6. The tooth may be extremely sensitive to cold or heat.
7. A person may experience a fever.
WISDOM TEETH INFECTIONS
WHAT ARE WISDOM TEETH INFECTIONS?
2. Caries is another infection that occurs when the wisdom tooth grows crooked and leaves a space between the wisdom tooth and the next tooth.
3. Tooth decay can also be responsible for infection of wisdom teeth. With ordinary brushing, food often cannot be removed from the wisdom teeth area.
4. When wisdom teeth are not fully grown or developed, a cyst infection or tumor can appear in the tooth gums.
5. Tilted or slanted wisdom teeth in any direction can damage the teeth or gums next to them.
GUM INFECTIONS AND GUM DISEASE
WHAT IS GINGIVITIS AND PERIODONTITUS?
A gum infection can become the more serious gum disease known as Periodontitus. This is more common among adults than most people realize. The sticky tartar on teeth develops into hardened plaque because brushing doesn’t always sufficiently clean the teeth. This proves the importance of professional cleaning by a dental hygienist.
Gum Disease usually develops in adults in their 30’s and older. Research seems to show that men are more likely to develop gum disease. Once the infection is treated, the periodontist may recommend a deep cleaning where the tartar and plaque are removed above and below the gum line.
SYMPTOMS OF GUM INFECTIONS:
2. Bad breath—but this can be a sign of various infections.
3. Swollen or discolored gums.
4. A toothache—but this, too, can be a symptom of other problems.
5. Discolored gums with an unhealthy red appearance.
6. Painful chewing.
7. Receding gums or teeth that appear longer.
HOW TO CURE GUM DISEASE
After seeing your dentist, if any extensive or shocking procedure is recommended, take the time to immediately look for a second opinion. In some cases, even a third opinion could be advisable.
The following news report video is a true story of a young man who sadly thought he just had a sinus infection when it was really a tooth infection and it led to his death. It emphasizes the importance of seeing your dentist as soon as possible. If you don't have a dentist, click here to find one.
HOW CAN YOU LOWER THE DENTAL COST FOR TREATING A TOOTH INFECTION OR GUM DISEASE?
People choose AmeriPlan Dental for several reasons, beyond what they save on tooth infections and gum disease:
- Cosmetic dentistry such as bleaching, bonding and implants are included.
- Orthodontics (dental braces) included for both children and adults.
- All ongoing dental / medical problems are accepted (except orthodontic treatment already in progress)
- No waiting period. You can go to the dentist immediately.
- All Specialists included - Oral Surgeons, Orthodontists, Endodontists, Periodontists and Prosthodontists.
- Members may change dentists at any time without having to notify anyone.
- No annual limitations
- No paperwork
- Instant savings
Keep in mind that traditional dental insurance usually only permits about $1,000 per year in coverage so tooth infections or gum disease are likely to take the average person beyond this annual limit. In light of this, most people seeking assistance for the cost of an infected tooth and gum disease are thankful to learn about a discount plan or supplement to their employer paid dental insurance.